Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sub-totals by group

Status
Not open for further replies.

amykrage

MIS
Dec 12, 2003
US
I have a report that looks like this (simplified for example):

Seq# Cust Type CustomerCount
1 Regular 9
1 Partner 3
2 Regular 9
2 Partner 3

I want to get a total of Customer type within the sequence number. For example, I want to do a sub-total of 9 regular customers within sequence 1. The calculation I am using is total(CustomerCount) for CustType. The result I am getting is 18 instead of 9...because it is doing the total(CustomerCount) for all custTypes of Regular...instead of within each Seq#. How do I do the calculation to get just the number within each list?

Amykrage,

Todo this, you must group your list by seq first and Cust Type second. After this you must create a calculation field where you use sum(Line).

For this example, you didn't associate the function with a group but in a real report maybe you must do.

Gilles.

I did group that way and it didn't work. I finally got it figured out, though. I did the following: total(CustomerCount) for (CustType + Seq#). This gave me what I needed. Thanks for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back