Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sub Reports give extra spacing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jyohe

MIS
Jan 21, 2002
US
I am trying to write a monthly recap with daily totals of sales broken by product. I have a daily report that uses sub reports to calculate the cost per product for each sale. When I try to convert this report to run over a date span and only show daily totals for product I get a space that is created by the sub reports calculating the totals for each detail.

Is there a way to still have the sub reports calculate the detail totals to get a daily total but not show the extra space on the report?

If the subreport is in the details, and you have nothing else to print in each detail, then you can only make the subreport very small. If, however, you have something printing in each detail you can use a 'stealth' subreport, which underlays the other detail objects. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

Thanks for the help. I only want the totals in the footer of the report so I made the sub report as small as I could. I may have as many as 100 records calculated in the sub report even with the sub report very small I still have a large amount of space between the totals if I have many detail records read for the totals.

Would a "stealth" sub report help me if I am not printing details?

I am not sure where you white space is coming from. When you preview, what section name is to the left of this white space. The gray margin will give its initials. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back