Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sub report

Status
Not open for further replies.

klaidlaw

Programmer
May 28, 2008
US
I have Crystal Reports 10 and I am using Windows XP 10.

I have written this report, a gross margin report, now I need to put in some other tables put I can't get them to link up properly. Right no they are causeing duplicate information. Plus the extra thing I need to to involves alot of formulas and so it would really make the GM report way more complicated then it needed to be. So I was thinking I could bulid another report to work out all the other stuff for the tables and then import the final formula answers from. I would try to do this with a subreport. I am new at crystal sooo does anyone know if this is possible and how I might start. Thanks sooo much for the time!

You can get round the problem with duplicate information by using groups, suppressing detail lines and showing the value in the group header or footer.

You can also get the desired totals using options in Running Totals. (The use of Crystal totals is outlined at FAQ767-6524.)

You can put subreports at detail-line level but this will slow the run. If there is no way round, use Edit > Subreport Linkes to pass down values like account numbers. Passing details back needs Shared Variables, use SEARCH here for details.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

I am trying to go to edit -> subreport links but subreport links in CR is not bold soo I can't click on it

Are you trying to create the links before the subreport? That won't work.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

I had a similar problem and stumbled on a double link configuration which eliminated it. Blew my mind, prior to that I was using suppression on the detail line...

previous(key) = key

le1burg,

Where did you put that piece of code?

and

Madawc

I have already created the subreport so how do I put it in easily?

Thanks sooooo much!

You can't link using fields based on summary values, collecting data from several records.

I am using CR 11.5 and have verified my subreport links, and the subreport is working when run independently. I can not get it to run in the main report. It is placed in the 4th group footer. OM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back