Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sub-report: Page footer can always be shown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robercr12

Programmer
Aug 11, 2009
US
hi,

When using a sub-report in a main report -- is it "always" possible to show a page footer in every single page of the report?

Thanks
bob

Yes,
1 - make a formula called @Fake Group:
whilereadingrecords;
""

2 - Group by it.
3 - Suppress Group Header.
4 - In the Section Expert of the Group Footer, select the option: Print at Bottom of Page.

So this needs to be done on the main report and not in the sub-report right?

Thanks
bob

What is it you want to show in the subreport page footer? Could you be using the main report page footer for this purpose? Otherwise I think you have to add another detail section and count lines in the sub, and conditionally suppress all except the last line on the page, which can then be used as a fake page footer.

-LB

Lb,

I am placing the sub-report in the Rh section of the main report.

I am using the main report footer but I don't see it on ALL pages -- which is what i want.

Thanks
bob

If you place the sub in a group header using the formula suggested earlier as your group field in the main report:

whilereadingrecords;
""

...then the sub will have the main report page footer available to it.

-LB

Hi LB,

I am using:

Rha --> DrillDownGroupLevel > 0
Rhb --> DrillDownGroupLevel > 0
Rhc --> DrillDownGroupLevel > 0
Rhd --> DrillDownGroupLevel <> 1 + placement of sub-report
Rhe ---> suppressed only
Rhf --> DrillDownGroupLevel > 0

PH ---> PageNumber = 1
Gh1a --->suppressed only
Gh1b --->suppressed only
Gh1c --->suppressed only

Gh2 ---> DrillDownGroupLevel < 2

Details
GF2 ---> suppressed only
GF1
Rf ---> suppressed only
Pf

Where exactly will i need to use the @fake group header.
In the group expert does this @fake group header #1 position of the 3 group headers now.

Please explain in detail

Thanks
bob

Yes, it must be group #1. You can insert sections a-f and move items from your report header into the appropriate section and format as before.

-LB

Hi Lb,

I did the fake group header in the sub-report -- but it did not work.

PLEASE expand on:

"--You can insert sections a-f and move items from your report header into the appropriate section and format as before."

Thanks
Regards
bob

No, this time you are making the fake group header in the main report, making it your group #1, and then moving items from your report header sections into GH#1 a-f sections.

-LB

What is the purpose of "--and then moving items from your report header sections into GH#1 a-f sections."

I should be concerned on how to get the GF to show at the bottom of each page right?

-bob

No, you will be using the page footer of the main report, not the group footer.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back