Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sub-Report Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stupot2k

Vendor
Oct 5, 2001
GB
I am having a problem with Sub-reports. My main report searches for Customer Fault reports which are category 1 failures, I then have a number of sub-reports looking for Category 2,3,4 etc. If the main report does not return any records (legitimately) then the Sub-reports do not run. If I open a sub-report and preview it, it returns the records I would expect to see.

The sub-reports are placed in Report footer A,B,C etc.

Please Help?

Stu

If you have any links between the main report and the subreport, try removing them.

-LB

I do want to link the tables though. My main report has a couple of Parameter fields in it to prompt for a customer name and a Report Period Start and end Date. I am passing three Parameters between the reports. However I do not selct records using the parameters in sub-repot links, I untick the "select date in subreport based on field:" and just use the parameters in the selection criteria of the subreport. All of this works as long as the main report returns some data.

Stu

You might try making your current main report a subreport also, and for your main report, using something like the customer name (based on parameter), but without the customer fault criteria or other criteria that are limiting the records in the current main report. If you would need to use a separate table for the customer name, be sure to use left joins from that table to the table(s) which hold the subreport fields.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back