Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sub Report CANNOT GROW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sskrobe

Technical User
Sep 10, 2003
US
Ok, here is what I'm trying to do. The goal of this crystal report is to reproduce the paperwork for Canadian Custom Invoices.

I have a report that contains:
a Group Header A
a Group Header B
and a Group Header C

Group Header A (form header) is always 5 inches and must appear at the top of each page. No problem there.

Group Header C (form footer) is always 3 inches and must appear at the bottom of each page. No problem there.

The problem is with Group Footer B. This is where my sub report is located. This subreport returns a different number of rows each time (data lenght is never constant). Basically, I need to set it up so that it prints 4 inches worth of data and then if needed, put the rest on the next page and so on (still printing between Group Header A and C).

Any help?

CR 8 and 8.5

Right-click on the subreport. Choose [Format Text] and check the [Can Grow] option. You also decide [Keep Object Together] in this section.

Note that subreports (and anything else) will 'grow' over fields placed below them in the same section. That's where [Insert Section Below] comes in useful.

Madawc Williams
East Anglia, Great Britain

Thanks, but that's not really what needs to be done.

Basically, I need to set the MAX LINES of the subreport so that it doesn't grow or everlap. Unfortunatly, the max lines option is grayed out on the sub report.

There is no way you can get a group header B to continue onto the next page, and still have the group header C print on the first page. So the question is what is in "Group Header C" (which you have also described as a footer), and could it be put in the page footer? If that's possible, then I think this is doable.

Let me know...

-LB

I did consider that, but on my Report Hearder, I have a full page that absolutly needs to be printed in it's entirety.

So if I make C the page footer it messes up my report Header.

Any ideas???

Not sure what you mean. You can always suppress the page footer on the first page if you want only the report header to print there. For more help, you need to supply info about what fields are in your sections. Please tell us what you want each section to look like and what fields are included, so it can be determined whether using a page footer is an option.

-LB

How can I go about suppressing the page footer on my report header?

Actually, if you want only the report header on the first page, just go to format->section->report header and check "new page after."

If you want some sections to print on page 1 with the report header, but you do not want the page footer to print, go to format->section->page footer->suppress->x+2 and enter:

pagenumber = 1

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back