Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sub-form printing as form not datasheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

kermitforney

Technical User
Mar 15, 2005
US
I have apparently changed an option I was unaware I had changed.

Now the su-form prints as a form and not a horizontal datasheet (similar to excel).

How do I change it back to print as a datasheet and not a form?

Go into the properties of the subform and set the DefaultView property.

Just checked the Default View but it is Datasheet. Just keeps printing out as a form.

You know what I realized was that it was a similar subform above it.
What is happening is that the form (above the subform) above it is displaying as a Continous Form. So when it is print display move (print preview) it overlaps my subform.
I have changed it to Single Form but it still displays the same way.

Wonder why?

Actually let me clarify the problem I am still having.

I have a main form with two subforms on it and a seperate main form portion. The "main" form (that the two subforms are on) only prints once (on the 1st page) but the sub form continues to print out.
So on the first page I have the "whole" form. Then on the consecutive pages I have a printout of all of the subforms records one after the other.

How do I fix this?
It doesn't happen to my other subform on the main form just this one.

Are both subforms linked to the mainform through Master/Child links? (Just fumbling in the dark!)

I have never heard of a Master/Child link in a form. What is this and how do I go about setting this up?

When you added you subform to your main form the wizard would have asked you for these fields.

Didn't use the wizard to create the form.

Any way to manually set the Master/Child relationship?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back