Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sub form does not display records matching to the main form

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeep2001

Programmer
Dec 15, 2005
US
I am having some trouble with a sub form behavior.
I have a key field that the user selects from a combo box.
Since there are going to be many records based on that key field, I thought a sub form would work well. The sub form would display the matching values based on that key field.

When I open the form, the sub form is displaying records that match to the first record in the form recordsource.
When i change the value in the combo box, the subform does not display the records that match on that key field.
However, if I spin the mouse wheel, then the subform acts somewhat normally.
What am i doing wrong.

You could check that the key field that you mention is indeed the link between the form and subform "Link child fields" and "link master fields" on the property sheet of the subform.

I am using 2003, and I don't see the link child and master fields in the property sheet.

Open Main Form in Design View. Select Subform, right click and select properties. You will see the Link Child and Link Master field properties on the DATA tab.

-- Fast Learner, I Think

Here's something to think about. How come you never see a headline like 'Psychic Wins Lottery!'? - Jay Leno

OK thanks...I finally got it working,.
Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back