Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Style formatting, page breaks and document map

Status
Not open for further replies.

claudehenri

Technical User
May 31, 2003
AU
Hi

I've got real problems in word 2003 trying to get the document map to show the outlined number when I place a pagebreak just before the numbered line.

If I place a page break at the end of the previous line i get a line return on the new page then the numbered heading, or if I insert the page break between the number and following numbered text I lose the number in the document map, in this case the styles formatting character in the column is on the previos page.

I know I can avoid this by changing the style to have a page break before it, but I don't want a page break at each new number at this level.

There is some way to avoid this problem I just can't figure it out.

any help greatly appreciated.

Sorry I just realised I haven't really said what my desired outcome is.

I want no return/paragraph character at the top of the new page and the outline number to show in the document map.

I've found a half fix. The section page break adds an extra paragraph character before the outline heading but I can delete this one without the number disappearing from the doc. map. Don't really like this since it's going to mean a whole heap of sections in my document.

Any thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back