Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stutter for message waiting 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleGremlins

Technical User
Jan 7, 2003
CA
I have two blind staff members who have asked if their digital telephones can be configured with a stutter tone when they have a message. I know it is possible with a 500 TN, but not sure if it can be done on 2008 & 2216 sets. Thanks in advance...

Give CLS LPD

This denies the LamP Allowed class of service, which in turn enables the "beeping" dial tone.
Hope this works for you.

Paul

CLS = MWA LPD this will give Message Wait tone

CWA & WTA are to notify a person that another call is waiting
LittleGremlins wanted to know how to turn on message wait tone

mwa lpd.. yes you have msg waiting--- no you have no lamps

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Hold on folks. LPD is not a valid CLS option on digital sets. This feature is for analog sets only.

LG wanted to do this on 2008's and 2216's. LPD will not work there.

--
Fletch
Visit the Nortel Technical Support Portal at:

your right, i need to read slower, to have a dig set stutter, you would need a pvl jumperied back to a analog port and i hove never tested that one.. almost impossible.. but you can find a work around

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

you could use remote notification?

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

I like the remote notification.

But...If you are feeling particularly creative you could measure the voltage going to the message waiting LED. Whenever the LED lights have it latch a 555 timer with a little audible beeper connected to it and maybe have it beep once every 20 seconds or whatever you like. If this is a cubicle environment, this may not be useful, but if in an office it may be fine. I would suggest a fairly quiet beeper. They will love you!

Remote notification in conjunction with a pager may be easier.

Thanks for all your ideas. I think I am going to try the 555 timer idea. I do have the remote notification alert setup, I just wanted to see if it was possible to use the stutter.

Thanks everyone for your input. I really appreciate it.

guess it helps to read the question properly, sorry

Rather than take apart the phone and rig all that (which I hate doing). Check out They manufacture equipment that gives you relay contats for buttons on phones, etc. It goes in-line w/ an existing phone and can provide several contact closures for different buttons on that set its in-line with. They also have a TON of other cool stuff. I'm sure there's something there you can use.

Hope this helps...

Kris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back