Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stutter dial tone

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyguy2

Vendor
Aug 31, 2005
US
I have an IP 500 unit that was upgraded from 4.2.9 to 4.2.14. Before the upgrade, I was able to receive stutter dial tone on a private line indicating that a voicemail was left in that line's mailbox from the local dial tone provider. Since the upgrade, I don't get the stutter dial tone any more even though a message has been left. If I draw dial tone via my test set at the underground, I hear stutter dial tone but the IP office is not sending it to the set. Any ideas?

I have the same issue. Mine has been like that since 4.0. It worked on 3.2 but that was it. when you pick up the line you are getting system tone not the tone of the line. Not sure what you can do. I have tried everything it doesnt help.

Kevin Wing
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Mine worked on 4.2.9 but not on .11 and now not on .14.

Guys, what type of telephones are you using? Have you tried creating a line appearance to the set, associated to that physical line?

I am running an IP500 with 4.2.14 and all is working good. Not to mention they are all 5621 IP sets.

I need some more food for the motor to start working.....!

Lord

set a forward on the extension to another phone and see if you get stutter dial tone then, if you do then it give us a place to investigate if not then it looks like a phone issue

ACA - IP Office
ACS - IP Office

Has anyone found any fixes to the above problem? I am having the same issue with a IP Office 500 that was recently upgraded to 4.2.14 and since then when you select the line appearance button you get only dial tone no stutter. If however you access the line through dialing 9 you get the stutter dial tone when a their is a new message. the customer has all 5420 digital phones with line appearances. Like above it worked fine till the upgrade. have tried turning secondary dial on and off on each line and turning secondary dial tone on and off in ars.

Try *00 on the phones.

Avaya_Red.gif

I 'm not sure you read the thread Bas, he isn't talking about having stutter dial tone, he wants to recieve it from the providor :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

LOL...misread it, bit strange to hear a stutter dialtone.

In the ARS Turn on "Secondary Dial Tone" then in the pulldown menu select "Network tone"

Avaya_Red.gif

have you tried to play with the settings system-telephony-tones and music-local dial tone
if you un-check that it should bring you the correct stutter tone. At least that is what you would expect.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

Sorry for the long delay, larger fires to put out. I have now tried all combinations of settings I can come up with to get the stutter dial tone to work from the line appearance buttons and it still wont work. The stutter comes through fine using ARS set to secondary dial tone on and system tone. Short of building more short codes and ARS's I don't see a way to correct this besides going back a step in the upgrades.

Any other suggestions or solutions would be much appreciated.

seeing that the 4.2.17 is out you could try going one more up

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

For future reference got word from my vendor. Stutter dial tone from a central offce will not pass through the system on any 4.2 software releases. Was big enough issue with customer that I moved them back to 4.1.12 and everything works properly now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back