Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stupid Question - PowerPoint / Office 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

MISAdmin

MIS
Dec 27, 2001
US
When you open Power Point, it provides you with the dialog box for starting a new presentation... This is the box that has the "Don't show this dialog box again" option available.

I have an end user who can only create a new document if they start from this menu. I have tried to get them to use the "File/New..." from the pull downs and the "New" shortcut off the toolbar... They still want the original dialog.

I don't see a "Wizards" option on any of the pull-downs (thinking that might bring that dialog box back). I know there must be a way to bring it back up, since if you choose the "Don't show this dialog box again" option you must be able to undo that later on... I'm just not seeing what needs to be done.

I know the question is silly, but the user is one of the Executive Directors for the company, so I would like to find an answer that would make them happy.

Thanks for your help

Go to Tools then Options.
On the VIEW tab under SHOW select the STARTUP DIALOG box.
This will show the original Dialog box on startup.

Hope this helps.

I am only familiar with PP '97, but something similar should exist in the Office 2000 version;

Seletct TOOLS
Select OPTIONS
Select the VIEW tab
There should be a check box for "Start-up dialog"
Check this box and Hey Presto.

It must be tough at the top, File, New is a just as easy !
Dazmac

"any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic " - Arthur.C.Clarke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back