Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stupid question from Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtoney

IS-IT--Management
Feb 17, 2003
US
I've created my first great report from a beautiful form. I'm thrilled by all the complicated stuff I've done on it. One last question:
How do you get the report to print out anything other than the first record? Please help!!!!Do I do a scope with for while?
REPORT FORM "report" for thisform.txtfield.value=table.field while thisform.txtfield.value=table.field preview

I tried this and the preview just blinks quickly like it thinks there's no record there.
This is unbelievably frustrating! Please help!!!!

mtoney

Welcome!!

I would suggest you create a cursor from you table that holds just the records you need for your report, and build your report based on that cursor and remove any tables that might be in the dataenvironment of the report. Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

HI

1. REPORT FORM "report" PREVIEW FOR ;
table.field=Thisform.txtfield.value

2. REPORT FORM "report" PREVIEW FOR RECNO() > 1
OR
SELECT table
LOCATE
SKIP
REPORT FORM "report" PREVIEW REST

:)
ramani :)
(Subramanian.G),FoxAcc, ramani_g@yahoo.com