Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stupid Labelling Question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

iXPhound

Technical User
Feb 25, 2001
US
Hi All,

Excuse the, most likely, stupid question! I have kinda been thrown into the position of organizing the cables from our hubs to our patch panel and I need a way to label the cables. I guess I could use one of those P-Touch label makers and wrap the piece around the cable. However, I was wondering if there was anything made especially for labelling network cables. Can anyone help? Thanks!

--George Fox

You may want to also check out BlackBox.com. They have great products and have labels that can be written on and then attached to the cable.

They have several different items. Blackbox is a great network and parts company too.

I have used several type of labelers over the years. But, the best one I have ever come accross is the Brady TLS2200. It has alot of different types of label stock available including self laminating wrap around labels which are perfect for labelling patch cords. The TLS2200 is "Top of the line". But Brady has several other lower end models too. Check out
Keith

Try setting a standard that the port on the patch panel matching the port on the hub. This is done very easily with certain electronics.

I disagree with labeling the patch panel port the same as the port on the hub. The work station jack should be labeled the same as the patch panel port. But, because the electronic hub equipment may change often, The patch panel ports should not be necessarily the same as the hub ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back