Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stupid(est) news comment of all

Status
Not open for further replies.

SantaMufasa

Technical User
Jul 17, 2003
US
As I read Tracey's thread "Stupid news comment", it reminded me of the most outrageous news faux pas I ever encountered. It was several years ago following the tragic murder outside her London flat of beloved British TV news presenter, Jill Dando.

I was reading an edition of "The Metro" (the free newspaper distributed on the London Underground). They showed a photo of Ms. Dando leaving her London flat. The caption read, "Police were unable to determine whether the photo was taken before or after her murder."

Excuse me???

Are there other brain-tilting or outrageous Jay Leno-style "Headlines" out there that you have witnessed?

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
@ 18:31 (28Feb05) UTC (aka "GMT" and "Zulu"),
@ 11:31 (28Feb05) Mountain Time
Do you use Oracle and live or work in Utah, USA? Then click here to join Utah Oracle Users Group on Tek-Tips.

PaulTEG - Ouch!!

Good Luck
--------------
To get the most from your Tek-Tips experience, please read FAQ181-2886
As a circle of light increases so does the circumference of darkness around it. - Albert Einstein

Courtesy of CNN about 30 minutes ago, regarding today's giant plant fire in St. Louis:

Wolf Blitzer: [blue]Mr. Mayor, is this an area that's prone to these types of fires?[/blue]

Mr. Mayor: Why, yes, Wolf, most of the plants around here have popped off at one time or another...

(at least I wish the mayor had said that)

Tim

[blue]_____________________________________________________
If you need immediate assistance, please raise your hand.
If you are outside of Raleigh, raise your hand and say
[/blue] [red]Ooh! Ooh![/red]

From the ever dependable News & Observer (I would italicize the name, but this paper never, ever leans to the right).

In a wire story picked up from the Appropriated Cess regarding the presence of mad cow disease in a U.S.-born cow:

[blue]Some tests have detected tissue from the central nervous system in samples of beef products. However, many meat comapnies remove the spine and brain before slaughter.[/blue]

What do you have to do, drive a silver steak through its heart to kill it?

Tim

[blue]_____________________________________________________
If you need immediate assistance, please raise your hand.
If you are outside of Raleigh, raise your hand and say
[/blue] [red]Ooh! Ooh![/red]

[rofl]

Tracy Dryden

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
For you are crunchy, and good with mustard. [dragon]

Tim,

Excellent catch. It often seems to me that the "Appropriated Cess" (as you appropriately call it) has "removed the spine and brain" of it "journalists" before they write their stories. [smile]

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)

Do you use Oracle and live or work in Utah, USA?
Then click here to join Utah Oracle Users Group on Tek-Tips.

SilentAiche,

ROFLMAO! That one made my day, thanks. <g>

boyd.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back