Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stumped! LPK on M2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

captnamo

Technical User
Feb 2, 2006
US
Plain old M2008 (not handsfree, no display). CLS set to IRA OLD NID and LPK set to 5. If a call comes in on Key 2, let's say, I'd expect that this ringing line would be answered when picking up the handset. But, it's not. The phone picks up key 0 and gets dial tone and effectively hangs up the ringing line on key 2. What am I missing? Here's the TNB:

DES JAIL
TN 184 0 02 08 VIRTUAL
TYPE 2008
CDEN 8D
CTYP XDLC
CUST 0
ERL 4
FDN 4140
TGAR 4
LDN NO
NCOS 4
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
SCI 0
SSU
LNRS 16
XLST
SCPW
CLS CTD FBD WTA LPR MTD FNA HTA ADD HFD
MWA LMPN RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRA NID OLD VCE DRG1
POD DSX VMD SLKD CCSD SWD LNA CNDA
CFTD SFD MRD DDV CNID CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
ICDD CDMD LLCN MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUD DPUD DNDD CFXD ARHD FITD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTA ABDD CFHD FICD NAID BUZZ AGRD MOAD AHD
DDGA NAMA
DRDD EXR0
USMD USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND OCBD FLXD FTTC DNDY DNO3 MCBN
CDMR PRED MCDD T87D PKCH
CPND_LANG ENG
RCO 0
HUNT 4140
LHK 1
LPK 5
PLEV 02
PUID
DANI NO
AST
IAPG 0
AACS NO
ITNA NO
DGRP
MLWU_LANG 0
DNDR 0
KEY 00 SCR 4988 13 MARP
CPND
NAME JAIL RECEPTION
XPLN 14
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
01 SCR 6849880 13 MARP
CPND
NAME JAIL RECEPTION
XPLN 14
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
02 SCR 4650 13
CPND
NAME JAIL RECEPTION
XPLN 14
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
03 SCR 7140 13
CPND
NAME JAIL RECEPTION
XPLN 14
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
04 SCR 4940 13
CPND
NAME JAIL RECEPTION
XPLN 14
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
05 SCR 4941 13
CPND
NAME JAIL RECEPTION
XPLN 14
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
06 TRN
DATE 23 MAY 2018

This is a secondary phone at the front desk. MARP on the lines on Key 2 through 5 are on x4650 (the primary front desk phone).

MARP has no affect on Automatic Line Selection.
If the TN has IRA and LPK 5 then it should answer key 2 if it rings. Unless key 0 or 1 are also ringing.

Since you say the ringing call gets dropped and you get dial tone on key 0 I think the hookswitch contacts are bouncing.

I disagree on the MARP not affecting this. Now if key 2 really does drop than I would agree that could be a set problem. But he said it
"effectively hangs up the ringing line on key 2". Not sure what that means, it either does or it doesn't.

I think I may have found it. In CLS change OLD to OLA

LPK Line Preference Key limit (last key scanned for
Automatic Line Preference)
Isel-4
(0)-5 For M2006
(0)-7 For M2008
(0)-27 For M2616, varies with number of add-on
modules (Small System and CS 1000S)
(0)-59 For M2616, varies with number of add-on
modules
Prompted when CLS = IRA, NIA or OLA.

Sorry for the wordy ineffective communication. The call on KEY 2 disconnects and the phone picks up key 0 with dial tone.

In a related post, GH Trout indicated "Set CLS OLD IRA. With both OLA + IRA, you lift the handset of a ringing phone and it will give you the first open non-ringing line. You never use OLA and IRA at the same time or the phone acts dumb." See:
I found the CLS set to IRA OLA. I changed it to IRA OLD with no difference in operation. I'm going to have to try a different phone set.

We use IRA on almost every phone with multiple lines. There are many phones with multiple appearance DNs and MARP has no affect when answering ringing lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back