Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Studying For A+ Exam How Long

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubba1001

Technical User
Oct 2, 2003
CA
Hi

this is my first time posting on tek-tips.

My question is, what is the minimum time u think someone should study for the a+ exam. I have just finished my diploma in computer systems. I would say i am a novice to intermediate level in hardware and software. i am nowhere near technical.

would 1 month be sufficent studytime? everyday for a few hrs?

It would be real hard to put a timeframe on this not knowing what you know. I might suggest that you continue your studies and after a while, start taking lots of online practice tests. Use these as a guage to see how you are getting along. Take lots of different tests to get a good sampling. When you are scoring high, consistently, on the practice tests, I'd go for it.

Check some previous posts for a bunch of practice tests that are available on the Net for FREE.

Keep us posted on your progress. We're here to help.

A+,N+,S+,L+,I+,HTI+,CET,CST,CNST,CNCT,CFOT,CCNT,ACSP,ISA CCST3

Send an email to ebooks@Tcat.net (no subject or message required). An autoresponder will send you a link to download Tcat Houser's A+ Study Guides. They are FREE! 500+ pages in PDF. You will need Acrobat 5.0 to read them.

They are GOLDEN! They cover both exams perfectly. You can't go wrong on this deal. Trust me.

right now im reading mike meyers all-in-one a+ certification book 2002. Do u guys reccomend this book? i have the 2002 version

Yes M. Myers is good. Supplement it with Tcat's FREE ebooks and you should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back