Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stuck with Data Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesleong

Programmer
Jan 29, 2003
MU
Hi everyone,
Put a data control on my form,connect property set to 'Access', DatabaseName property set to the path of the database, but when i try to set the RecordSource property, i get the following error "Unrecognized database format 'c:\project\stockdata.mdb' ", Am using Microsoft Access 2002 as database application and Visual Basic 6.0. Can anyone help me on this. Thanks a lot in advance.

James.

The recordsource needs to be either a table, query or SQL statement. You should also set the "Connect" property to "Access 2000". Just "Access" looks for Access '97 formatted databases.

Hi,
I also set the RecordsetType to 0-Table. But the connect property, i only have 'Access'. I don't have Acess 2000. When i typed 'Access 2000' for connect property, it accepts it but i get another error on recordsource as 'Couldn't find installable ISAM'. Thanks again in advance.

James.

have you installed service pack 5 ?
that solved the problem for me

Hi Azrobert,
Thanks for the tip. But can you tell me where i can get this service pack 5. Thanks in advance.

James

Hi Azrobert,
Thanks for the service pack 5, actually at design time, there is no errors in setting the different properties which are connect, databasename, recordsettype and recordsource. But when the form is loaded, i get a run-time error such as "Could not find file 'stockdata.mdb". For connect property, its now access 2000. Can you help me on this. thanks again in advance for your help.

James.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back