Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stuck guidelines

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuaris

Technical User
Dec 18, 2007
CA
Hi,
my guide lines are stuck, I can't move or click on them. The layer is not locked or hidden, I can select the guide by clicking circle for it in the layer but I can't select it directly from the workspace. By selecting the guide line from the layer, I can move it using the arrow keys, rotate it, etc. but I can't click on it directly. I'm using illustrator CS2. Any idea what's wrong?

Thanks.

...i take it you have view > guides > lock guides turned off...

...if so then illustrator sounds to be playing up, you can try resetting the preferences to see if that works...

apple/command + alt/option + shift, held down on launching illustrator will reset the prefs...

Andrew

Guides weren't locked. When I held down ctrl + alt + shift and click on the illustrator shortcut, the properties panel for the shortcut popped up, like the one from right click > properties. I deleted the AIprefs file instead. I'm using windows XP. Do I launch illustrator first and hold down ctrl + alt + shift while it's loading?

Thanks.

...for windows:

C:>Documents and Settings > User >Application Data > Adobe > Adobe Illustrator CS2 Settings

...inside this folder is a file called AIPrefs. If manually deleting this file, ensure Illustrator is closed first.

...view link for more info:

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back