Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stuck Check/order on kitchen kds 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironvid1

Technical User
Nov 16, 2016
US
Hi

I have a client weird issue where they have 2 stuck check/orders on the expediators KDS screen. tried everything to remove them but unable.

They have had this happen along time ago and micros cleared it for them.
Can someone please supply the SQL to get the removed as I have no idea of the table structure to even know where to start.

Thanks In advance.......Stephen

Have you tried running an amnesia command? It wipes out all KDS orders, so you have to do it before opening for the day.

D:\micros\res\KDS\bin\ExecKDSCmd.exe -A

Great, I will take a look at that. I have never heard of that is there any related documentation to support it ???

If you run ExecKDSCmd.exe -H from a command line it will give you all the available options. That's about the only documentation that I know of.
We opened a location about seven years ago with 16 KDS stations. They had some flakey issues, (freezing for a few minutes then dumping a load of orders on the screen, orders that were bumped reappearing, stuff like that). The Micros dealership I work with told me about this, so I wrote it into a script along with a bunch of remotereboot commands that runs with the end of night.

Thank you, worked like a charm !!!!

wow 16 kds Stations, that sounds crazy.

Thanks for the help.

running amnesia as part of the end of the night will help. you can do a schedule task and add the parameters at the end of the command like -L -D -P -A this will rotate the kds logs and clear all the orders at the end of the day.

If you are encountering this problem frequently like i recently did. you will need to check on how your kds are set up and make sure you dont have an extra kds station attached to a menu routing. I was sending 2 items to a KDS station that was not configured and those checks will remain on the screen because i had the option of "No expo Done before prep done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back