Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

STSe - Caller ID logs not able to be checked

Status
Not open for further replies.

cat5guru

Technical User
Oct 11, 2003
US
I recently replaced this ksu, the caller ID works, and can check Answered and Un-answered log from ext's 100 & 101. No others work correctly...they display 0000 - 0000 when you dial the codes to view the logs. I wondered if it was a COS issue,
and I'll need to investigate further. Anyone had an issue like this before ?

I have the answer... had to call tech support, they had to find out from an engineer ! The STSe changed how the caller ID works, now on an ext. by ext. basis. The log will not show
transfered calls, only lines ringing at each ext. This means
that anyone wishing to use it, has to have a ringing assignment for those co lines. This was not an easy thing to
tell the customer, since like many, they have the receptionist answer all calls and route as needed. The caller ID will show in the display while being transfered, but will only be logged by the phone that answered the original call. My customer wants the old STS back, and put the STSe on shelf for backup !
I'm not too impressed either.

That doesn't seem right. But maybe with enough gripes they can provide a software fix since the flash memory is supposed to be easier to upgrade than replacing the eProms.

Wonder why they did it? Maybe a memory issue?

I don't know the reasoning behind it either, the tech on duty had to get the info from an engineer. I expressed my concern about it, he said there was talk of trying to put it back to the way it was...but nothing happening for the time being. I'm sure that they could issue a fix like you said, just a matter of seeing it happen I guess. I wonder if they had complaints that it needed to be on a per ext. basis... made the changes...but did not think it through completely. Also note that the STSe uses a different WinDBA version !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back