Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strobe Light for Digital Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

G3Man

Programmer
Jul 15, 2002
US
We have a Definity G3Rv5 and we would like to connect a strobe light to a digital phone in the same room our backup generators are in. We haven't any luck finding a strobe light for digital phones, just analog. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

G3Man

Hook it up to an analog port/station.

Program the analog station with a bridged appearance of the digital station's first call appearance button.(in place of the call-appearnce button. (Hit F5 for help on that line))

Don't forget to turn on the bridged alerting "Yes" on the second page of the analog set.

Wire it out and when the digital station rings, the stobe will also alert or flash.

Remember though it will only alert for the first call appearance button. If the person is on the phone on that appearance, the alert will not alert a second call coming in.

Netcon1
(Mark if Useful!!)

You can set the digital phone to use the second appearance when dialing out.

You can also install a 100A analog adapter in the bottom of the 6416D+ and 6424D+ Sets and hook the analog strobe to it!

Hope this helps

fonedoc [thumbsup]

I am trying to do a similar thing, but I would prefer to use message waiting voltage for the strobe so that it flashes until the message is picked up.

Traditionally, message waiting is similar to analog ring voltage, ~90VAC at 20Hz, except it is only half of the wave form. This makes a pulsating DC signal at 20Hz. I don't think that that Avaya's message waiting signal is the same as above.

There are strobes designed to flash on ring voltage that will also work with message waiting voltage, but I can't get our G3r 8.5 to do it. Does anyone know if there are parameters you can set to duplicate the normal, pulsating DC message signal?

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back