Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stripping zero fields 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ropey

MIS
Jun 8, 2001
CA
Hello,
I have created a form with product/quantity fields
What I would like is to have only the quantity fields to submit when the value is >0. At present it sends bulk_bag_candy1:
sunshine_mix_asst_candies_qty: 1
bulk_bag_candy2:
mm_plain_qty: 0
bulk_bag_candy3:
funhouse_treats_qty: 0
bulk_bag_candy4:
mm_peanut_qty: 4

Any ideas ?
stumped tho that seems not to take much
can't find anything on this in the book
running front page 2000
i am using FP XP tho
thanks
derek

You need to be sure that all the qualifiers are set to > 0.
When you set up the page, be sure to go into the "Criteria" window, and enter the datafields, and "> 0" in each one.
That should handle everything.

thanks for the tip
i was fearing cgi had to be implimented

Hello again
when I enter the >o for the form field in the data validation window and test it out I still receive the quantity fields
i have only tested with the bulk bag candies but the results will show the field
any ideas?
thanks again
derek
dtadman@telus.net

Ok... Be sure that the fields for the numbers are set to integers, and be sure that if you use a filter for something in a text field that you use something like > "" rather then > 0.
Your results should be a display that only shows products with the number is greater than 0 and the description field is not blank.

I just now noticed that in your example you have used the letter o rather than the number 0. That will make a major difference in whether your filter works. Be sure you're using all numbers in the filter process for your integer fields.

Thanks very much
It is all working like a charm now
Great site
Have a nice day
Derek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back