Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stripping Numbers off a internal call

Status
Not open for further replies.

optionman

Technical User
May 16, 2005
US
I need to strip the prefix off of my internal call. Example, my ext is 3913. When I call another phone it gives the prefix as well (391-3913). How can I take the 391 off?

post a TNB of 3913. Where is the prefix coming from?

True internal call? 2 people on the same PBX?

or Internal as in 2 PBX's networked together internal call?

Confusing myself. I fixed another problem. When I specify dgt and the DMI and chg to nxx, cdp etc, it either adds an 8 to the ext, the full long distance number appears, etc. If I chg the del to 3 in ld 86 it strips 3 digits off my ext but not the prefix.

That is not an internal call.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

I am dialing 4 digits to another phone next to me. 7 digits are coming across. Basically the prefix and the ext.

Your using CDP and sending the call to your own switch, that's not a proper way to use CDP. Take that DN out of the CDP on your switch and it will be a normal call on your switch. Doing alot of unneeded programming.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

I have 2 phone systems intergrated, Nortel and Cisco. I have a nortel calling the Cisco over a route so the 2 can talk 4 digits. Nortel calls cisco I see 7 digits, the other direction, Cisco to Nortel I see 4. Sorry, I guess I should have included that info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back