Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

String more than 262 characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

eguva

Programmer
Jun 23, 2007
US
Hi,

I am trying to put a string into a word docuemnt with DDE.I am getting the warning below because the variable value is too long.May I please know how to get rid of this warning:

"The quoted string currently being processed has become more than 262 characters long. You may have unbalanced
quotation marks."

Thanks,
Eguva

This a limit of the SAS PUT statement. Perhaps you can 'split' the string and use two put statments. for the first 200 chars you could use the first PUT statement and the next 200 the second PUT etc..

There is an option to turn off this warning as well.
Code:
options noquotelenmax;
That should switch off the warning for you.

Chris
Business Analyst, Code Monkey, Data Wrangler.
SAS Guru.

I am using version 8. I guess this is new in version right?
Please correct me if i am wrong.

Eguva

No idea. Did you run it and it failed? I can't test because I don't have Version 8. If you run it and it fails with an unknown command type error, then it's a version 9 addition.

Chris
Business Analyst, Code Monkey, Data Wrangler.
SAS Guru.

Yes, I did run it and the error is "Unrecognized SAS option name, NOQUOTELENMAX"

Eguva

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back