Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

String more than 16 digits together to autodial

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallas1

Technical User
Feb 5, 2002
US
What we want to do is provide access for an external number (DID) to be able to record an announcement without having any manual input. We have a hotline that needs to be updated by people who are not Telcom personnel and are concerned that if fat fingered, they could wipe out another announcement. We've tried to string together numbers via vector variables, but we keep running into the same limit of 16 digits. Our remote access code: 5 digits, barrier code: 5 digits, pause: ~p, FAC: 3 digits, announcement: 5 digits. Total of 20. Any ideas would be very helpful..Thank you!!

autodial a station that has coverage remote to 24 digit number

I am trying to program an autodial button that will dial a 9, then 10 digits,
then ~p, then a 4-digit extension. This would require 17 characters but the
number field only allows for 16 characters. Is there any way I can work around
this?

Just got off the phone with Avaya and they mentioned if you max out a remote
coverage line it automatically rolls to the next line. This is to support an ARS
entry of 16+ digits. The coverage remote tables are the only tables that behave
this way.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

36 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 26 years and counting

I don't undrestand how to enter the digits in the cov remote table. Do I just keep typing in field (r145) and leave the next entry (r146) empty, or do I type the remainder of the numbers in the next entry (r146)?

Thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back