Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

StrikeThrough Field 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tickko

Programmer
Dec 12, 2002
US
i know this is probably simple but i am looking to strike through a field based on the value of another field in a report in access.

basically the outcome would be if the estimate column is 'yes' then the cost is striken-through.

any ideas would be greatly appricated!

t

AFAIK there is no way of striking out text, but what you could perhaps do is put a line on your form, then use the onCurrent event to say:
if me!Somefield="Paid" then
me.linStrikeout.visible=true
else
me.linStrikeout.visible=false
end if

something like that.

hth
Ben

----------------------------------------------
Ben O'Hara "Where are all the stupid people from...
...And how'd they get so dumb?"
rockband.gif
NoFX-The Decline

thats what i figured...your idea is what i was currently using...so it must be a good one. the strikethrough would be great because the cost could be $10,000.00 or $1,000,000.00, so it could size to the value.

thanks!
t

I suppose what you could do is get hold of font that's already struck out, then use conditional formatting to change the font to the struck out one.
Depends if you can get a struckout font or not.

Thanks for the star

ben

Ben O'Hara "Where are all the stupid people from...
...And how'd they get so dumb?"
rockband.gif
NoFX-The Decline

i guess i could write a function to programmatically stretch the width of the line according to the value count...but i'll probably save that for a rainy day!

thanks!
t

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back