Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Streaming weather or stock quotes on 7965 display

Status
Not open for further replies.

soleman52

Technical User
Oct 4, 2005
US
Does anyone have experience programing a wheather or stock quotes on a 79xx phone I saw a caution which is unclear to me
here it is

Do not put IP phone services on any Cisco Unified Communications Manager server at your site or any server that is associated with Cisco Unified Communications Manager, such as the TFTP server or directory database publisher server. This precaution eliminates the possibility that errors in an IP phone service application will have an impact on Cisco Unified Communications Manager performance or interrupt call-processing services.

You have to have a separate web source to do this sort of thing. All of the 3rd party applications have to be installed like that. For instance I use the DominoComms ( ActionCaller which provides an XML interface but its always from a separate server. Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back