Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Streaming video???

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnVideo

Technical User
Mar 23, 2004
US
I have created a site that is an old tv as the interface. Inside the tv screen is an ActiveX window that plays a Window Media File inside of it. When I F12 the site it plays fine. I uploaded it and on the computer I created the site, I open Internet Explorer and go to my site and the site plays fine with the video and all. If I go to another computer on my network or at work the index loads, but the ActiveX window just has the Windows Media Player Icon and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? Do I have to set up something with my Hosting site? I checked with them and I can stream files. I'm a Newbie, so I'm sure I'm missing something. Here is a link to my site:

I hope someone can walk me through my problems.
Thanks,
John Schenkel

From your source code
Code:
<param name="FileName" value="C:\Documents and Settings\John Schenkel\Desktop\SP Website FINAL\Intro2.wmv">

Sure you can play it, no one else has that file in Documents...

The path needs to link either to " or "media/Intro2.wmv"

Cheech

[Peace][Pipe]

Here is what I did, but it still doesn't work. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
John

<object classid="CLSID:22d6f312-b0f6-11d0-94ab-0080c74c7e95" width="500" height="310" id="mediaplayer1 ">
<param name="FileName" value=" <param name="AutoStart" value="True">
<param name="ShowControls" value="False">
<param name="ShowStatusBar" value="False">
<param name="ShowDisplay" value="False">
<param name="AutoRewind" value="True">
<embed
src="Intro2.wmv" width="500" height="310" autostart="True" type="application/x-mplayer2"
pluginspage=" filename=" showcontrols="False" showstatusbar="False" showdisplay="False" autorewind="True"></embed>
</object>

That loads up fine now, takes a while but plays. What is the problem now?

[Peace][Pipe]

I finally figured it out to get it to play. Your suggestions really helped me. Thanks again. Do you have any suggestions for better quality and speed? Right now it is a .wmv file at about 500 x 300 to fill the screen. Would a flash, real or anything else be better?

Thanks,
John

Did you ever fix your launch page for your video? I'm having the exact same problem: here's my code, Can you please take a look at it?? We've tried everything we can think of......

<body bgcolor="#ffffff" leftmargin="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" topmargin="0">

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" height="100%">
<tr>
<td align="center" valign="middle" class="small"><object classid="clsid:22D6F312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95" height="286" width="352" id="MediaPlayer" type="application/x-oleobject">
<param name="filename" value="LaborDelivery.wmp">
<param name="autostart" value="1">
<param name="showcontrols" value="1">
<embed height="286" src="LaborDelivery.wmp" type="application/x-mplayer2" width="352" showcontrols="1" autostart="1"></embed>
</object><br>
<br>
<a href="javascript:self.close();">
Close window</a></td>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back