Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Streaming Video within Citrix ICA session 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShakeyPedro

Technical User
Oct 13, 2006
CA
I am using Citrix Presentation Server 4.0 on Windows Server 2003 to publish a medical application that displays video in conjunction with brainwave data. Initially, I setup Citrix PS4 Standard Edition, I was able to create my web interface, authenticate and sucessfuly open my application for viewing the brainwave data. When I open the video component that is packaged with the application, all I get is a black image. When I sit in front of the server console, not in an ICA session, and I have no problems seeing the video.

I reinstalled Citrix PS4 Advanced Edition and still was not able to see the video, same problem. I then disabled the "SpeedScreen Multimedia Accelerator" feature on the server, not available in Standard Edition, and the video is now visible through my ICA session.

Can anyone help make this video visible using PS4 Standard Edition?

** I have also enabled legacy audio for the published application and do not allow the client to make changes to the audio.

When you dial in as a user across citrix what video player comes up? i.e does Windows Media or some other? Can you go across Citrix as the admin and see it? Reason i ask this is maybe there is some rights issue a "normal" user experiences that you wont. Also what level do you have your graphics set to?

The video client is embedded into the vendor application. Looks like a simple version of Media Player. I am using the local administrator account when coming in remotely. What graphics settings are you referring to?

Hmmmmmm is vendor app expecting to find video client at a particular place, you will need to replicate what their app is wanting to find on the citrix server. I do hope it is not looking in HKCU it should be looking in HKLM

[blue] A perspective from the other side!![/blue]

Cheers
Scott

I have published Windows Media Player and run into the same problem. I don't think this vendor specific, just specific to my Citrix configuration. I tried two file type, AVVI which gave me a blank screen and WMV which is grey and distorted, but the audio comes through. I also noticed that it will not play through the entire WMV file. I have also tinkered with my Hardware accelration settings via Display>Settings>Advanced>Troubleshooting>Hardware Acceleration.

Still no luck!!

...What graphics settings are you referring to?"

What bit level do you have your ICA sessions set to, is what I was asking. 16..24..?

In my experience Citrix is not the best method to publish video and enabling sound across Citrix has always let to slowdowns or massive bandwidth usage. If it were me I'd publish that video on a site and let people view it that way and keep Citrix as slim and trim as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back