Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Streaming Video/Music?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonS

MIS
Sep 7, 1999
US
Visit site
Everytime I try to connect to a host for streaming video or<br>
music it says unable to connect to the host. Is this because I am connecting through a LAN? And if so how do I get around this?<br>
<br>
Thanks <br>
JAy

Make sure you setup an proxy settings in the program you are using to connect to the streaming server.

Check with your player's website they have the ports that need to be opened on the proxy server or the firewall that you are useing.<br>
<br>
Will Sweeney<br>

Jason,<br>
<br>
You may want to post your questions in either the new Desktop Systems area of our forums, or for music/video we set up a &quot;Multimedia&quot; forum in the Programmer's area.<br>
<br>
This forum is for people who are running 100's or 1000's of seats in a corporation trying to maintain centralized administration with end-users who use a variety of desktop operating systems....<br>
<br>
Please e-mail me at <A HREF="mailto:dmurphy@tecumsehgroup.com">dmurphy@tecumsehgroup.com</A> if you are unsure where to find the other forums on the site.<br>
<br>
Thanks,<br>
<br>
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back