Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange voice prompt

Status
Not open for further replies.

LidLock Technologies

IS-IT--Management
Mar 9, 2024
US
Does anybody know where this voice prompt is from? It reads "caller, the party you are calling does not accept this type of call please accept this message as your notification to remove the number you have called from your call list"
I have also attached it to the post

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=fc5f55b3-dd0b-4ed9-986a-307368aae329&file=IMG_9243.mov
I can only assume it belongs to the carrier your calling with, they are the ones usually giving you any notifications/errors.
I think the only clause might be if your calling oversea's it would be that carriers notification.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

That is a really weird voice prompt! I've never heard that exact one before. Curl might be right that it's coming from the carrier you or the other person is using. Maybe it's a notification that the number has blocked calls from automatic dialers or something.

Check the provider of the number here and maybe you can contact them to ask them if they play that.

I had prompts that told me that I have to show my caller ID in order to complete the call so that might be the latest version of that. Not in the contact list can't call or similar.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back