Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange PSTN Issue - Ported DID's and now we can't dial 800 numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

learningSkype

IS-IT--Management
Jun 6, 2016
US
morning all, we have a very strange problem.

last night we ported all of our DID's from AT&T to Verizon. port went well, no issues during the process. then this morning we started getting complaints that our team can't dial 800 numbers. we began to test and sure enough, calls to any TFN are failing.

one of the guys on my team is saying that the calls to TFN's are going out over AT&T but since AT&T no longer owns our DID's, they're rejecting the call. that seems insane but that's his theory.

any way, curious if any of you have seen a similar issue in the past. seems super strange to us:

port DID from AT&T to VZN
call TFN via AT&T, call is rejected
call TFN via other carrier, call completes

Your one guy might be onto something. If your outbound caller ID number is on VZN and the call is going out over AT+T, then it may be getting blocked via the STIR/SHAKEN mess. The only real way to find out is to get an AT&T tech to trace the failed outbound calls and see what's causing the failure. It takes a lot of work to get the ticket to a voice tester, but once the ticket gets there, they can usually sort it out rather quickly. When you open your ticket, make sure to include 3 call samples:
Date/Time/Time Zone
Calling from: number
Calling to: number
Symptom: (busy, error message, RNA)

LoPath
Maintain HiPath 4000 V5 & V6, OpenScape Xpert V4 & V6, OpenScape Xpressions V7, OpenScape Contact Center V8, OpenScape Voice V9

That's not an uncommon issue with PRI or SIP. We have a bunch of numbers (faxes) that didn't port to our SIP carrier but use it for outbound calls. Calls would fail so I changed the public-unknown table to push out the Caller ID of our main number which was ported and everything was fine.

STIR/SHAKEN is one thing, TF is another.

TF always had particular stuff about it in the past.

Toll free is only toll free for the caller. It's the recipient that pays. As such, if I'm basically accepting collect calls on my toll free number, I'm owed a CDR report from the telco billing me. I don't want to just see random non-existant numbers on the report of numbers that called me that I paid for.

What your guy is saying totally makes sense if:
-The DIDs were ported to Verizon
-Calls to those DIDs come in a Verizon trunk
-Calls to toll free numbers go out AT&T
-TF calls sent to AT&T have a from header or a p-asserted-identity header of a DID that now is on Verizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back