Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange problems with Date functions

Status
Not open for further replies.

brucomela

Programmer
Oct 15, 2001
IT
Don't know if it happened after windows update or because of a virus but on my webserver the function Now() retrieves this value:

/05/aa

and eventually the right time.

Another curious detail: in MS Access DB on that server, if I set a Date type field with default value equal to "Now()", field is filled correctly, but when I try to print it on a web page dinamically with ASP it's written again as above.

Could it depend on IIS? (version 5.0 on windows 2000 server)

Tnx in advance to u all, as u can imagine I got great troubles on each website using date related functions

yep yep u r right DotNetGnat...I've just found a KB article on microsoft website explaining how IIS 5 behaves with international settings and date.

Therefore, I've inserted a new key in the registry to force IIS to use same Regional Settings as Server and now it works. Still unknown the update that caused this sudden variation...

Thanx for your reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back