Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnsf

MIS
Apr 5, 2004
NZ
Hi,

Im running Crystal Enterprise 8.5 and have suddenly started facing a problem with something thats worked fine for ages.

When I run the report in Crystal Reports it works fine and displays this:

Avd A/c M A/c Name
FI 3789/2 216561 XYZ Trust
FI 3789/9 321615 JBC & Co
FI 3789/12 513121 JM SMITH
FI 3789/28 587258 TS Long

However when I run the very same report in e-Portfolio it merges everything into one line under A/c like this:

Avd A/c M A/c Name
FI 3789/0 587258 TS Long

So its changed the four lines with different A/c numbers into one line with A/c 3789/0. The report in e-Portfolio is the same as the one used in Crystal Reports so Im at a loss to know why e-Portfolio is doing this?

The formula used on the A/c numbers is:

Code:
ToText({TPTYSUBACC.APTYID},0,'') + "/" + ToText({TPTYSUBACC.APTYSUBACC},0,'')

Would appreciate any info as to why this is happening.

Cheers,

John

So no one has any idea why Im facing this weird problem in e-Portfolio?

You could try the Crystal Enterprise forum: forum782.

-dave

Johnsf:

I've seen different behavior between Crystal Reports (CR) and Crystal Enterprise (CE) when Grouping within a report is not able to be pushed down to the server. In my case it was because two different databases were being used in the report, and the report was using a formula as a basis for one of the groups, and the formula could not be evaluated at the server.

Thought I would mention it!

Brent

Johnsf:

You haven't said what your source data is, but this could be a long shot. Are you combining data from different sources? If so the cdrepadmin (The NT account CE uses) may have lost some access to one of them, thus losing some data for you. When you run the report in CR, you are using your own access rights, that may be giving you a little more data.

Its worth a try.

mrees

No Ive got just one datasource. Using an Oracle 9i database. The very same report when opened in Crystal Reports works perfectly using the same datasource.

Its weird and I dont know what to do :-(

Generally, all I can add is to check the connections to Oracle.
If you are using ODBC, make sure the settings are the same on CE and you CR install (Are they on seperate boxes?) Sometimes the Version of drivers can be different... but since it used to work... something has changed somewhere. Has a new SP being applied somewhere?
Has MDAC (assuming Windows here) changed (is it the same?)
summary,
WHats chnaged
Check driver versions
CHeck MDAC versions
Try changing from ODBC to OLE DB or maybe native connection.
Is the results the same?

Fred

Its finally fixed.... changing from Native drivers to the Oracle ODBC drivers fixed it on the e-portfolio server.

However it works even with Native drivers on my machine.

Oh well as long as its fixed..... :D

Better revisit, the Oracle ODBC driver causes lots of other problems. If you use the CR supplied Oracle ODBC you should be fine, the Oracle ODBC causes more bizarre behaviors long term.

Apply the service pack.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back