Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

STRANGE PROBLEM!!!???

Status
Not open for further replies.

soloxis

MIS
Feb 11, 2002
AU
Hi,
I have a HP-UX 11.0 on an 9000 Series machine. On this machine running a db Oracle 8.1.7
The strange thing is about a problem which appear at every 14 days at 9:33AM????!!!
The syslog is clean like all others log's on the machine, nothing strange on them. The spooky part is about how the MC/Service Guard works. The first machine reboot, the package is moving on the second machine, the db is up like the listener to, but I can't make any connection using our application or sql statement.
Only after I reboot the machines the all jobs come back to normal.
I mention: I don't have any regular process working on machines, or any other "something" which have such a regularity.

the db is up like the listener to, but I can't make any connection using our application or sql statement.

With the same port? same config?

Only after I reboot the machines the all jobs come back to normal. normal where? in the owner machine or the second one?

For dblair: nothing in root/oracle cron
For Chacalinc: yes, same port and same configuration; normal means they can connect and work. I don't understand what do you mean when you say "owner machine"/"second one". I configured the HP-UX identicaly on first/second server and the package alternativly can be moved (manual/automatic) on first/second machine, thanx to MC/Service Guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back