Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange problem with pilot number of ISDN lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

andreaspergantis

Technical User
Nov 24, 2006
CY
Hi,

I have been experiencing a strange problem with a new installation. The client has 3 ISDN BRI lines connected to PBX configuration. The system is an IP Office 406 v2 version 3.2.17 with a 16 port analogue expansion cabin. There is a 2420 telephone and 5* 2410. Also there are 4 FAX machines. Now the problem is the following:
Although all digital telephones in outgoing calls show always the pilot number of the PBX configuration the 2420 (Reception (ext.100)) shows always the msn number. For it to show the pilot number I had to make the following short code for this particular User:
9N
Dial
Ns.xxxxxxxx (Where xxxxxxxx is the pilot number)

That's the first crazy thing. The second now. The client wants one of the ISDN number to ring exclusively to the main FAX (this I did), but he also wants all the FAXs to show as outgoing number the number ringing in the main FAX. Now, only the main FAX shows this number and only after I programmed the following short code:
N
Dial
Ns.xxxxxxxx (xxxxxxxx is the number we want it to show)

With 9N the main FAX didn't get a line. The other FAXs no matter what I try always show the pilot number. Do you know any other short code that can help me?

Thanks for your patience and for any help.

I'd put the s/c as follows in the user section of each fax machine

Number : ?
T/N : .S<full number you want to show>
Feature: Dial

(or if you require to dial 9)
Number : 9N
T/N : NS<full number you want to show>

Then in the system

Number : ?
T/N : .S< full Pilot number of ISDN>

(or if required)

Number : 9N
T/N : NS< full Pilot number of ISDN>

Take Care

Matt
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back