Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

strange problem with Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

munkee35

Technical User
Oct 7, 2002
GB
This issue is with a simple form we've created within Excel 2002. The form is a basic 5 page spreadsheet, which when viewed and printed on one computer looks ok. But when the same spreadsheet is viewed and printed on another computer, the logos are larger and an extra page is printed. The form is the same, the logos used are exactly the same ones with the same scaling, and the printer used is the same.

This has me puzzled. Any suggestions would be appreciated as we are working with hundreds of forms with a deadline.

Make sure the print driver is the same too.

Cheers, Glenn.

Did you hear about the literalist show-jumper? He broke his nose jumping against the clock.

Thanks but the drivers are exactly the same. The systems are identical down to the make of computer, software, hardware, printers, drivers, etc.

well something is different.....

the extra page comes from the page layout being altered by the larger images. I suspect there may be a local option about how to treat images in the user profile that is causing this.

Rgds, Geoff

We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colours but they all live in the same box.

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

Check the desktop resolutions of both machines as well.

Is the default font the same for both workbooks? Page setup (margins, etc) the same? It doesn't take much to throw a 5 page spreadsheet off.

Thanks for the responses.

The fonts are the same (I checked), and all the workbooks work off the same template.

I know the issue is on one particular machine; when viewing a workbook on this machine the logos are a particular size. The logos are set with a size of 1.19% in height, but when this is saved and viewed on another machine the logo is 1.51% and prints off larger on the 2nd machine. I guess its to do with some kind of scaling but this is also set the same for the page, so there must be something i'm missing.

Try removing and readding the print driver on the problem machine. We had a similar issue with one of our users and it turned out that the print driver was the culprit.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back