Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange problem when closing Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesEdwards

Programmer
Dec 6, 2002
GB
Occasionally when I close an access session the user database itself closes but the access main window minimises to my taskbar. Trying to close the window using any of the normal methods i.e. 'File', 'Close' or 'Right click' and 'Close' (when minimised to task bar) does nothing. The only way to close it is by using task manager. Any Idea's on why, and/or how to cure it would really be appreciated.

Regards,
James

We have that happen here occationally. We get it when we create a database in NT and then open it in XP without refreshing all the references. Once they are refreshed then the db closes fine in XP.

You have an error somewhere in the vb code or macros that is not severe enough to crash your functionality, but sometimes leave a behind the scenes error condition which precludes closure of access. Getting into the vb screen and compiling the entire DB may find out where the missing reference or other error type is located and you can easily resolve it.

This is also a good thing to check if you ever try to create an .mde and it fails.

For an explanation, see this thread: thread701-414569 Rick Sprague
To write a program from scratch, first create the universe. - Paraphrased from Albert Einstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back