Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange Problem on CR 8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

vbjohn

Programmer
Aug 23, 2001
US
Here is a strange problem. On this one report i have a various error checking formulas in the Crystal Reports 8.5.
1.) On my computer I run the report and no errors.
2.) I also ran the report on a co-workers computer, no errors.
3.) I ran the report on my bosses computer and I get an error.

This is what I checked.
1.) The link to the program is the same on everyones computer.
2.) The DSN is also the same on everyones computer.
3.) I used the same criteria on everyones computer.

Can anyone try to direct me in a direction that could help me solve this issue?

John-

I have Crystal Reports 8.5 Professional. Designer.

Is this one of your "various error checking formulas" that's returning something different, or a Crystal error?

If it's a Crystal based error, then describe what you do to create the error, and precisely what the error dialog states.

-k

It is probably a dll problem..

Somewhere out on the crystal decisions site they have a handy little program they call "modules" which lets you take a snapshot of the dlls loaded on different machines ..save it as a file.. and then it helps find the differences between the two.

Lisa

It is a formula that I created in the report.

I am trying to find "modules" on the Crystal Decisions web site and they do not have it on there.

john-

One other problem is that she would not let me touch her computer so I can do other further diagnostics on this problem.

John-

I do not understand?

=======================================================

In the Edit Field object...
'Tax Sheltered Amount Error'

In the format editor. This is in the Suppress area...

IF ISNULL(Sum ({@SubjectToMCAR}, {W2Summary;1.EMPLOYID})) = TRUE THEN
({@GrossWages}-{@MedWages})={@MedDed}
ELSE
({@GrossWages}+Sum ({@SubjectToMCAR}, {W2Summary;1.EMPLOYID})-{@MedWages})={@MedDed}
AND
IF ISNULL(Sum ({@SubjectToSocSec}, {W2Summary;1.EMPLOYID})) = TRUE THEN
({@GrossWages}-{@SocSecWage}) = {@SocSecTxShlt}
ELSE
({@GrossWages}+Sum ({@SubjectToMCAR}, {W2Summary;1.EMPLOYID})-{@SocSecWage}) = {@SocSecTxShlt}
AND
IF ISNULL(Sum ({@SubjectToFed}, {W2Summary;1.EMPLOYID})) = TRUE THEN
({@GrossWages}-{@FedWages}) = {@FedTxShlt}
ELSE
({@GrossWages}+Sum ({@SubjectToFed}, {W2Summary;1.EMPLOYID})-{@FedWages}) = {@FedTxShlt}
AND
IF ISNULL(Sum ({@SubjectToState}, {W2Summary;1.EMPLOYID})) = TRUE THEN
({@GrossWages}-{@MNStateWages}-{@WIStateWages}) = {@StateDed}
ELSE
({@GrossWages}+Sum ({@SubjectToState}, {W2Summary;1.EMPLOYID})-{@MNStateWages}-{@WIStateWages}) = {@StateDed}

john-

You start the program on the computers you want to check (it is a one dir install... just install and delete when done)

Open the report, run it (with or without crash). Save the "snapshot" (you will need this file later).

Do this on each machine.

Open two of the snapshots and use the modules compare functions... It has been awhile since i have used it so I always have to play around a bit before I get the compares that i want.

Lisa

Why does everyone think that I am having some sort of DLL problem. It could not be a DLL problem.

I created a FORMULA called "ERRMSG" 'Error message' I put code in the surpress area to surpress the label unless the criteria does not match. On everyones computer it is surpressed, BUT on my bosses computer it does not surpress. We use the same exact criteria and get the same results except for the one I am having problems at. That is my problem.

john-

The reason that we have assumed that you have a dll problem:

"3.) I ran the report on my bosses computer and I get an error."

Error implies crystal gave you an error message (which is often caused by dll problems) as opposed to "it didn't work" which implies an error in the formula..

Sorry for the misunderstanding...

Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back