Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange phaenomen on w2k server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 5, 2004
CH
Hi all

on our productive webservers (based on w2k and IIS5.0) we encouter much troubles since a few days

suddenly the server disallow the login via Terminal Server and the following error appears:

"The System can not logon you due to the following error:

The network request is not supported"

Please try again or consult your system admin ...."

After a reboot everything works fine, but after a while this strange error appears again and so on ....

First we heard about a new virus variant and therefore we checked all machines but they where all clean

also we reinstalled the whole network stuff (NIC Driver, TCI/IP Stack etc) and TSE but this doesn't solve the problem

does anybody know about this strange phaenomen and how this can quickly resolved cause the machines have to run properly

Do you have licensing problems in your event logs?

Aftertaf
Last time I checked, i wasn't Mike Lacey

No, because the TSE's are all runni in Remote Mode and therefore i need no licenses

well it was a keylogger, better say a hacker which gained access to our machines and it seems that he liked to play with me (i hate this guys, if i ever catch one, then Grace it God)
now we secured immediatly our sever to avoid this in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back