Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange password problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roberti

Technical User
Mar 2, 2001
NL
Hello all

I have a strange problem. At work today the administrator account was locked out, but i could still login. after a bit of testing it showed that after three wrong passwords the account was locked out, but you can still type in passwords and if you type the right password after it is locked out it still works. this is only with the administrator account.

anybody an idea?

thanx in advance.

The built-in Administrator account can't be locked out otherwise somebody could intentionally use wrong passwords to lock this account out leaving the machine unadministrable (if that's a word). If you feel that this is a security problem then rename the account

HTH

Hello Pantman,

Thanx for the reply.
I was afraid i had to do that. Some services are configured to run only with the administrator account, so i have to reconfiger them, but it keeps me busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back