Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange one BCM50 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

vztech

Programmer
Jun 19, 2003
US
Setup
20 -7316
8 -copper trunks (ring only on all sets)
2- intercom key per set

call comes in - you answer the call-
you then try to Ftr 986 the call.
while doing that another call comes in .
FTR 986 goes away from your original session and you need to start over.
try selecting the intercomm button again but Mailbox: is Gone!

never ran across this. tried changing Prime Line from I/C to none. no good
cannot put Ring/Appr for trunks on the sets they have all autodials.

I'm going to add the latest patchs
and
try to add a third Intercomm

anyone have this problem with Ring only on a BCM50 ?

wish I had a spare BCM50 to duplicate the problem.

It's only dialtone-VZ

Try the 3rd IC , It has no path to VM when another call is ringing.

I had one similar last night. The operator ext (2221) would press feature 986 and "type" in mbox # and to the caller, it wouold disconnect after about 5 seconds never going to voicemail. All other sets work ok.
Set relocation was on so I swapped with the secondary operator ext and the problem followed the ext. I swapped back then turned off set relocation and swapped the phone again and the problem remained with the ext, this time not moving with the phone. I then moved to an open port, DN changed the ext and all worked well. :/
This is also a 3.0 BCM 1000

make sure that the target line is not assigned to a DN and that the prime set is set to the VM DN. And as cook mentioned when you check the properties of that individuals vm box make sure that the fax only box is checked.

Yes 3rd IC worked for trn to vmail
But their issue now is when a call is transfered to another set and a outside call comes in. (which is ring only on all sets)

so both IC's are ringing at this point on one set if they go off hook it answers the incoming call not the transfered call. Not much I can do for that.
I recommended they use callPark not transfer.

It's only dialtone-VZ

Try putting all the lines in the same hunt group. Then add the same SWCA keys to every phone...(2 or 3 etc) Put all the phones as members of the hunt group. Add the hunt group key to every phone. The SWCA keys act like call park appearance keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back