Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange New Message - M A can't print your object

Status
Not open for further replies.

AArt

Technical User
Mar 14, 2001
US
I've been using the same DB's for years, and a few of them generate exception reports that are usually blank. So I have been using the simple code

Private Sub Report_NoData(Cancel As Integer)
Cancel = True
End Sub

The last 2 weeks, something changed. I get this MBox "Microsoft Access can't Print your Object. Make sure that the specified printer is available"

The report is set to the default printer. The printers haven't changed. I've tried changing printers, then changing back. And it happens on 2 seperate machines with 2 seperate default printers.

Any ideas?

something has corrupted the printer drivers?

--------------------
Procrastinate Now!

Other stuff prints no problema.

Also, I removed the NoData code, and it prints fine, just blank. Not the end of the world, but I hate a gremlin I can't find.

This is a strange twist:
The report prints fine if there's data.
The report prints fine if I remove all code from the Report_NoData sub
If I try to trap the error, or even put a breakpoint in the NoData code (even the very first line!), nothing happens. It's as if the code never runs. It's like the error is happening at a level above the code or something.
BTW, I checked with the IT folks to see if they did anything to the printer addresses, or whatever. No luck there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back