Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange NARS/BARS

Status
Not open for further replies.

aramirez148

Technical User
Apr 16, 2003
US
I have an end user on an opt 11c that is using a tie line to go out on my opt81c. The user is unable to dial 1-800-821-xxxx but is able to dial 1-800-4NORTEL. The NCOS is 5 on the set and the frl=1 and the mfrl=1 on the RLB. I am able to dial it from the 81c but they can not dial it from the 11c. I can dial the access code to the tie line to the 11c and then dial back out and it works. Any ideas out there?

Andy Ramirez
NNCSS BCM 3.0

What thaaa????

Make sure your 800 numbers are not broken down as SPN's for example 1800-2, 1800-3, 1800-4 and so on...

On the 81c NCOS=2, FRL=2,MFRL=2.
on the 11c NCOS=2, FRL=1, MFRL=1

But the user can still dial 18004nortel but not some other 800 numbers. the 800 numbers are not broken down in the SPN.
Any ideas?

Andy Ramirez
NNCSS BCM 3.0

What thaaa????

Doesn't the Option 11C have any analog trunk's for local calling? If so, point the 800 number to it.

analog trunks will be going away shortly. and it just keeps getting weirder. the user has discovered that if the number is manually dialed the call will not process, but if they hang up and then redial by pressing the DN key twice the call goes thru every time. any ideas out there?

Andy Ramirez
NNCSS BCM 3.0

What thaaa????

It's using auto redial, but i don't know why it's letting it go though that way.

maybe something to do with enbloc or overlap sending on the trunk.

post the 1800 spn as well as the rlb, you can allow scl to bypass ncos if needed and the switch may see lna redial as a scl entry.. which would be strange.. what rls are you running

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

You state that you can dial the Access code and the calls work tells me that it may be a BARS/NARS Restriction, The monkey wrench in the works is that you stated that turning right around and using Last Number redial, the call completes! You may some type of TDS problem or end of dial timer issue.

He didn't say he could diai the access code, he said manually dial then use redial.

Hey Techs,
I have been working with Nortel on this but to no avail.
Here is the latest on my situation. dialing 9 from the 11c sends me out to the smart trunks of the 81c. then dial 1800 xxx xxxx, and call does not process. it does not even show up on the dch messaging. if you dial the access code to go out to the 81c smart trunks then 9+1800 xxx xxxx, it works every time. here is something even more strange. the number we are dialing is 1800-123-4567(fake)and it does not process but if you dial 1800-123-4566 or 1800-123-4568 the call completes. ?????

Andy Ramirez
NNCSS BCM 3.0

What thaaa????

On the Opt11 use LD80 TRAC/TRAD/TRAK whatever, but follow it with "DEV"

Like TRAC 4 1 1 16 DEV

On the Opt81, run the Enhanced TRAC (ENTC) on the lines that the Option11 TN tries to enter the 81C - the DEV will print out all restriction

But anyways, chg the LD16 SIGO from "ESN" and I'll bet a dime it solves it. The if it does, make the NCOS/FRL the same at each site and you can set it back to ESN

Only a dime though

~

In Andy’s (aramirez148) first post he clearly stats “I can dial the access code to the tie line to the 11c and then dial back out and it works.”
In Andy’s 3rd post (the 6th post) he clearly stats, “but if they hang up and then redial by pressing the DN key twice the call goes thru every time.”

The fact that he dials the “Access Code to the Tie Lines” he is bypassing BARS/NARS, database.
I also know from passed experiences that Speed Dial in a Nortel PBX uses the TDS’s in a multi group system differently that a Normal Call does, Last Number redial is treated as a speed dial number.

I believe Mr. Trout is on the correct path with the ESN signaling on the Tie line. I had to remove ESN-5 signaling from all of my Tie lines networked between my PBX’s after going to 3.0 software.

UPDATE:
The problem ended up being "the North American Dialing PLan" per Nortel. WE had originally modified our CLID table so that when are calls were presented to the far end our NAME/NUMBER would be passed through and allow the calls to people with call blocking turned on. However, our modified CLID table would send out too many digits and the CO for the numbers we could not reach would not let the call through. Per Nortel, we changed our CLID table to the normal programming of:
HNTN 210
ESA_HLCL 57
ESA_INHN NO
ESA_APDN NO
HLCL 57
DIDN YES
HLOC 57
LSC
CLASS_FMT DN

After that we had to go to LD 86 and create a dummy DMI table to use for the corresponding RLB used for our SPN of 1800. The DMI didn't delete or add any digits but at the end of the table we changed the prompt CTYP to NPA so that the call would present itself to the far end as a NPA call. This change would allow for us to reach people with call blocking on. Changing the CLID table to the normal programming allowed us to reach all 1800 numbers. Case solved.

Andy Ramirez
NNCSS BCM 3.0

What thaaa????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back