Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange IP Phone Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

fortage

MIS
Jun 15, 2000
US
Ip500
New IP Phone extension on remote network is able to make external calls but internal calls ring to the extension but no voice communication is heard on either end. Any ideas?

ti could possibly be the direct media path. hwat type of phone is on the other end.

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Did you set the right Codec on the IP extension?

y1pzZTEUdok1vrI5cLb3FdPX4PgTPlSONkb5WPjz0x50etSujaMSmhdRCbOx9vASnrRNzzXv0IxNQA

The compression mode is Auto Select, which is the same as other phone on the local network. This is the first phone connected via VPN.

Direct mediapath can be found at the extension
Uncheck it

No voice is a routing problem

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Tried to reset both sides of the VPN line?
What type of VPN routers are u using?

y1pzZTEUdok1vrI5cLb3FdPX4PgTPlSONkb5WPjz0x50etSujaMSmhdRCbOx9vASnrRNzzXv0IxNQA

You mentioned that no voice is a routing problem, but voice is working on calls made to external numbers. I'm unchecking Media Path now and will updated when the system restarts.

The VPN is between two Cisco 851s and all traffic is permitted.

Unchecking media path fixed it. Thank you

The reason the calls work on external calls is because the routing is fine between the IP Office and the phone. From phone to phone the routing is broken and unchecking direct media path makes the calls go through the IPO.

You did not fix the problem but you did something to get it working :)

Like Kurt says, the ipoffice now does handle the call witch costs you a VCM channel for a call to another extension
I asume this must be an ipphone
If that is your only ipphone then it is no problem but if you have more then you can run out of VCM channels

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back