Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange file not found error

Status
Not open for further replies.

safraser

Programmer
Apr 12, 2001
NZ
Hi All

I have a client who is regularly getting a file not found error. The strange thing is the file that it’s not finding is a form included in the very same app file that is calling it. This same piece of code opens the form and works fine for a number of other clients.

So my question is, when you call a form with “Do Form ….” Does it in some way decompile the app file or something like that? What process happens at runtime when you call a form?
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

Should be able to find it. You might try logging into the machine as admin to see if the problem is permissions. Might be something with permissions to the temp directory defined for the App. Also, pull the app from one of the computers that is working and overwrite the one on the machine exhibiting the unwanted behavior and see if that fixes the problem.

I have to say that I don't recall ever hearing of this, unless the form was excluded from the build and then not included with the install.

boyd.gif

SweetPotato Software Website
My Blog

Thanks Craig
The permissions was something I hadn't though of. The app file has been replace many times now in an attemt to fix this.

Ok, I've just had a bit more infor come through from my client.
He is also getting a report file is invalid error. The particular report is excluded from the same app file as the form thats not working above. Funny thing about this is that on the 5th attempt to view this report it worked.
Is it possible that these two problems are releated in some way?
When you put these two issues together does it suggest some hardware problem?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back