Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange Error. Please help. Powerbuilder with SQL Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIchaelFeldman1

Technical User
Jul 31, 2019
US
Hi,

I wrote a system in Powerbulder 6.0 a while back (mid 2000's) and it was working with MSSQL Server 2008 on a Windows Server 2008R2 up to now (and is still working). It was connecting via ODBC. The system logged into a DB via a DB user name, then that user name was looked up in custom tables and read permissions for the application (all permissions were defined in custom tables and have nothing to do with DB permissions). Again, these permissions are read by code.
I needed to move to a different server.

New Server:
Microsoft Server 2016R3
MSSql Server 2017

The same application logs into the old DB and is able to have the right custom (code defined) permissions.
However, when logging into the new DB (exactly replicated from the old) - the same application does not read the custom permissions for the user (though it does log into the DB successfully).

This is really puzzling. I dont have source code :(.
Any ideas?

Thank you,
Michael Feldman

Its using outer join that is obsolete. *=. I don't know what to do because I no longer have the source code to change the SQL. Do you know of a decompiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back