Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange error message when on network

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbotz

MIS
Jun 23, 2003
US
When I attempt to access my PDC from the network using a UNC path (\\pdc\share) I get the error "\\pdc is not accessible. You might not have permission to access this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. Logon failure: the target account name is incorrect." However, if I browse by IP address, I have no problems (i.e.: \\192.168.1.1\share). What could cause this, and how do I fix it?

Just a follow-up, but apparently this issue is something time-related. After walking away from my PC for about an hour, I came back and all was well. Doing data recovery on a hard drive right now, so can't log out or reboot to test this, but has anyone heard of anything like this before? Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back