Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange Directory Problems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agentstarks

IS-IT--Management
Apr 22, 2003
US
Say we have a user Sharon, who when you type in the directory as shar comes up as extension 135 ( which is correct ) and it transfers the call. When in the directory, if you know the party's extension and just dial 135 it says "That selection is disabled". Another example is "kim" at extension 118. It's fine if you spell his name out in the directory, but if you direct dial 118 it says "You call cannot be transferred to extension 8". Another example is "tim" at extension 117. It says "You call cannot be transferred to extension 7". What's going on? There are some other extensions(114 & 115) that say they are disabled, and one (x 113) that says "test" in the voice of a past receptionist.

Basically, you are talking about 2 things.

The EXTENSION DIRECTORY in the LEGEND/MAGIX system associates the NAME with the EXTENSION number.

The VOICE MAIL does the same thing, but it is programmed seperately.

That programming, (VM) could very well be correct, HOWEVER, based on your description, it sounds like you do not have your VOICE MAIL SYSTEM set to the proper number of DIGITS within a given extension number.

I had one just like that this afternoon, and before I could transfer to someone to get me into the System Admin, I had to admin the VM to the proper number of digits.

What Vocie Mail system do you have?

We have a 007 MLM module, but I don't think it's a problem with the voicemail, because everyone can check their voicemail fine, and if you type in the name in the directory, it sends you to the right extension and if they aren't there it sends you to the right voicemail box. It's only when you try to transfer to the extension directly that we have problems, even if the person is there waiting for the call. You get stuck in the directory without going into voicemail at all.

Selector code 1 is disabled, so when you press the first "1" in an extension number, the auto attendant doesn't know what to do with it. Spelling out the name via *2 is a different menu system.

Log in as system administrator, 9 for programming, 3 for auto attendant, 1/2 for day/night, 6 to modify, 1 for selector code 1, 5 for direct extension dial, *# for no more selector codes, # to keep the cuttent dial 0/timeout option, # to keep the current recording intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back